JK Design (www.jkdesign.com) is a well-established creative interactive agency with a 25-year history. NJBiz has consistently ranked us as one of their Top 50 New Jersey Internet Technology Firms. Our headquarters is located in a relaxed environment in central New Jersey (Hillsborough). Many of our clients are also located in central NJ and the surrounding region. Most employees are required to work on-site at our office and also meet with our clients at their locations.
Our interactive team creates small to large websites and custom content management systems with open source tools. We also create video productions that include videotaped and animated segments.
This position is a freelance (possible 3 months of work) with an option to hire full-time.
You would report to the VP Interactive & I.T. and also receives direction from our Lead Web programmer.
You would be asked to:
1) Work with account managers, project managers, producers and design staff to review project needs prior to coding (reading user requirement documents; also making recommendations on ways to improve them.)
2) Design database schema (and optionally use a visual design tool such as MySQL Workbench ).
4) If you have the skills, occasionally support code written with ASP, ASP.net/C# as well as Oracle and MS SQL Server databases. Also create sites using Expression Engine 2.1 CMS.
5) Add new features and also modify and support existing code and databases, for existing websites.
6) Meet aggressive deadlines, even if requiring extended work hours.
7) Must remain calm in all situations.
1) Be a self starter with high standards, able to work independently or on a team and be open about offering options/solutions.
2) Know how to design database schema, and setup/administer MySQL databases using PHPMyAdmin.
3) Know how to use Photoshop for cutting-up [pixel-perfect] designs: creating individual buttons/images based on larger graphic design model, and optimizing for web use as jpeg or gif files.
It’s a plus if you have:
1) Experience with CodeIgniter Framework V2.# (our new CMS is built with it)
2) Experience working with and setting up Linux based Web hosting companies/environments (ServInt, Hostgator, Rackspace)
3) Basic Linux and Apache skills (configuration/maintenance) though this job is not for a System Administrator!
4) An understanding of Search Engine Optimization techniques as it pertains to content placement, use of mod_rewrite for SEO friendly URL’s, good use of H1, H2, ALT tags and customized Titles and Descriptions.
5) Any experience with Xcode/Cocoa/Objective C, Android/Java.
6) An understanding of XML and Web Services.
7) Experience with creating Macromedia Flash/ActionScript V3.
In your cover letter, please include your salary history and hourly salary requirements, and indicate that you are applying for the "Freelance Web PHP programmer" position.
JK Design - 2 years ago