Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Compute basic arithmetic.
3. Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
4. Provide legible communication and directions.
5. Ability to:
6. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. Some college or training in Hospitality Industry.
2. Previous experience as Front Desk Agent.
3. Previous cashiering experience.
4. Ability to suggestively sell.
5. Certification in CPR.
6. Previous guest relations training.
1. Exert light to medium physical effort in transporting of equipment and supplies.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
4. Remain standing for extended periods throughout work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6. Report to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, and in accordance with company’s personal appearance standards.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b) all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
c) all room rates, special packages and promotions.
d) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e) room availability status for any given day.
f) scheduled daily group activities.
8. Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
9. Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
10. Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
11. Access all functions of computer system.
12. Set up work station with necessary supplies.
13. Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
14. Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
15. Process all guest check-ins.
16. Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
17. For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
18. Register guest in the computer and generate a registration card.
19. Verify registration card information with the guest.
20. Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
21. Assign guest room.
22. Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
23. Inform guest of room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
24. Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets.
25. Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
26. Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach form to registration card.
27. Direct valet staff to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
28. Maintain guest history files on all guests.
29. Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
30. Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
31. File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
32. Handle overbooked or “walked” guests.
33. Accommodate room changes.
34. Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
35. Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
36. Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave message.
37. Accept and record wake-up call requests; and log.
38. Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of keys.
39. Distribute all guest and department mail.
40. Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
41. Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
42. Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated requirements.
43. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
44. Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
45. Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports.
46. Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
47. Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
48. Process all check-outs.
49. Resolve any late charges.
50. Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
51. Settle guest accounts.
52. Retrieve guest room key from guest.
53. Solicit guest comments on their stay.
54. Process express check-outs.
55. Handle requests for late check-outs.
56. Conduct group check-ins/outs.
57. Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
58. File guest room keys and ensure the safe keeping of keys at the Front Desk.
59. Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
60. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
61. Make change for guests.
62. Cash guests' personal checks/travelers checks.
63. Post charges.
64. Run closing reports.
65. Count and secure bank.
66. Complete designated cashier reports.
67. Balance receipts.
68. Drop receipts.
69. Document pertinent information in the log book.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist PBX with switchboard duties.
2. Assist with Reservations calls. Handle all Reservation calls after 8 p.m.; process, record and follow up any details relative to such.
3. Provide Concierge service when no Concierge is available.
4. Assist in other Front Desk areas as assigned.
5. Provide guest room tours.
6. Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
The Inn of the Anasazi, A Rosewood Hotel, functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts as business demands. In addition it is understood that business determines the amount of hours that are worked, and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
All employees must be willing to train other members of the staff by passing along knowledge and skills to assist them in their development and the advancement of your own.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Recruiter Contact Information
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts - 17 months ago