Our Bowie, MD site provides engineering support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), the Defense Spectrum Organization (DSO), and other federal agencies such as the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). We are actively recruiting for a Software Engineer to join our team.
Candidates will be responsible for the design and development of software in C#,.NET, Java or equivalent programming languages. Candidates will be a part of a development team responsible for the development of desktop, SOA and Web based applications. Candidates will mentor junior members of the development team and will be capable of leading a small team of software engineers in the development of software products and features. Required Experience: - Bachelors Degree in Science, Math, Engineering and 8-10 years experience
- RIA (Rich Internet Application) experience
- SQL experience
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Oracle OSB helpful
- Weblogic, Web Services, Web application devlelopment helpful
- Experience developing SOA systems and associated services
- Agile, XP or similar development processes
- Scientific development experience preferred
- Background in RF communications or spectrum management
- Experience developing Web Service Applications
- Experience with TDD (Test Drive Development) Desired Skills: - Able to work in a fast paced, agile development process
- Solid team oriented skills
- Must have excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Able to develop design documents
- CMMI-3 experience a plus
US Citizenship is required.
Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance is required, but active Secret Clearance is preferred.
Proficient with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
ITT Exelis is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V Clearance Level Required at Start Date No Clearance Required Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required Less than 25% Work Status Full-Time