SUMMARY: The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for supporting the Beverage teams and manufacturing facilities in all Quality aspects with an emphasis in new product development and commercialization. The role is responsible for conducting quality risk evaluations of new products and systems and development and implementation of quality plans at our 9+ production sites. Responsibilities include partnering with Innovation, R & D, Engineering, Production and Marketing Teams to build sustainable quality processes that ensure our high quality standards are met. A thorough understanding of food safety and quality systems in food processing and packaging is critical to success.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no direct reports for this position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead the development of quality processes for new processes and products through commercialization by working with internal and external teams.
· Partner with R & D, Operations and Marketing to develop new process and product specifications.
· Perform quality assessments of new materials, processes, equipment and processes and develop quality plans and systems that ensure quality standards are met.
· Facilitate development of and revision of specifications for processes and products.
· Use standard quality tools and basic statistics to support and improve the development of new products and processes.
· Develop new policies, procedures and methods and lead implementation at production sites.
· Lead cross functional groups that ensure that processing and product specifications are comprehensive and support business needs and expectations.
· Understand processes to collect, filter, and interrogate data for problem identification and resolution in support of business and functional goals.
· Communicate at appropriate levels to keep the relevant shareholders aware of focus areas, including status of open issues.
· Expand knowledge base in multiple material, technology, and process disciplines. Teach, communicate, and share acquired knowledge to improve all related processes and products.
· Lead and partner with production sites in new product development.
· Support the new product and process development process, specifically trials and test runs using the CQV Process.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Travel: Up to 25% travel
· Ability to multitask is required, with constant assessment of prioritization to best meet the business and operational needs.
· Must work effectively in team environments, communicating and participating in a constructive manner to solve problems. Must be able to both lead and follow in structured processes.
· Must be proactive, anticipating and planning to meet objectives by finding ways to identify potential obstacles and improve specifications, processes, and procedures to prevent delays.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Science or related technical degree preferred or equivalent experience.
· Manufacturing experience required, 3+ years preferred.
· Quality experience required, 5+ years preferred.
· Familiarity with Global Food Safety Intuitive
· Familiarity with HACCP principles desired.
· Lean Six Sigma experience desired.
· Food Industry experience desired.
· Experience in new product development and commercialization preferred.
· Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in Continuous Process Improvement.
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
· Must be able to travel independently both within the US as well as internationally.
· Must be able to travel and work on occasion at each of the various US and Canadian sites. Travel up to 25%
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 20 months ago - save job