- Verifying positive patient identification to ensure patient safety. Assessing patient reactions to specimen procurement.
- Performing Venipuncture and collecting other specimens from newborn, pediatric, and adult patients according to established protocol. Obtaining medical assistance when judged necessary.
- Ensuring that specimens are properly labeled and suitable for testing. Resolving specimen identification and/or requisition problems and clarifies requests.
- Running quality control checks.
- Performing laboratory result entry in the computer system.
- Processing specimens for testing, including aliquotting, pre-analytical steps, and loading instruments, while maintaining proper specimen identification.
- Packaging and tracking specimens for transport.
Licensure, Registration and/or Certification Required:
Professional Collector certification (CPC) issued by the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA) or obtained
within 6 months.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Requires 1 year of experience in phlebotomy or related lab function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Basic computer skills including experience using computer software applications.
Keyboarding and typing skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good listening skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Demonstrated customer service skills to interface effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, and other healthcare
This position is open due to a military leave:
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Aurora HealthCare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality...