To provide quality personal care services and health-related services to physically disabled adults in the community designed to ensure that residents reach or maintain their highest level of independence in accordance with the mission of ASI.
Attend meetings as requested by the Site Supervisor, Mobility Impaired Services Administrator, and/or the Assisted Living Nurse.
- Interact professionally and courteously with all residents, demonstrating a genuine concern for residents’ welfare and satisfaction.
- Provide personal care and chore services as directed by adults who are mobility impaired at one of ASI’s community based sites.
- Personal care services may include but are not limited to: bathing, grooming, fingernail and foot care as instructed, personal hygiene, transfers, toileting, dressing, assistance with visual/auditory devices, meal preparation, feeding assistance, and medication administration/assistance. All personal cares will be performed as outlined in the personal care plan and as directed by the Site Supervisor and Assisted Living Nurse.
- Chore services may include, but are not limited to: cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and assistance with correspondence.
- Provide written records and maintain forms as required by the work site. Such records and forms may include the daily care plan, communications log, and progress notes on each resident. This is done by reading written material and/or by verbalizing and writing communication to others.
Assist residents in obtaining transportation when necessary (including accompanying the resident into the community).
Perform other job related tasks as directed by the Resident, Site Supervisor, Mobility Impaired Services Administrator, and/or the Assisted Living Nurse.
- Assist in the facilitation of resident activities as assigned.
- Attend the ASI new employee orientation and training sessions.
- Attend annual inservice training as directed or required by ASI, federal, and state regulations.
- Demonstrate a high degree of respect for the confidentiality and personal privacy/possessions of all residents served by ASI.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and victimizations such as theft, assault, and personal injury, reporting such incidents promptly to the appropriate parties.
- = essential functions of the position
Must be able to effectively communicate with the resident and provider, must be able to read, write, and speak English in order to ensure proper communication and documentation.
Must be able to conduct oneself in a professional manner and abide by all organizational and program policies in order to maintain the integrity of the program and assure the best quality cares and support for the residents.
Ability to lift and transfer, using proper body mechanics, adults weighing 100-200 lbs in a safe and consistent manner.
Strong problem-solving and interpersonal relationship skills.
Dependability, flexibility, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Previous related experience.
Must have the ability to pass the criminal background screening for employment.
Resident Assistants may not be a blood relative of any individual receiving services at the ASI site of employment.
Wages: Established Wage Range
Benefits: Health/Dental Insurance (Full-time only)
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hours: Established by the Site Supervisor according to resident needs.
Accessible Space - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Accessible Space is a growing nonprofit organization looking for talented and personable individuals to join our team. We have locations...