The Enterprise Solutions Architect Telehealth Specialist is responsible for developing and creating the design of Telehealth architecture that supports applications and application development. This would include the SSO strategies and other external application and strategies into the integration. This person will work directly with software architects, business owners, implementation experts, and developers to create and utilize the Telehealth framework as well as the detailed integration architecture to provide scale and support while driving for the most simplistic and optimistic application structure.
The main responsibility of the Telehealth Architect is to design and blueprint Telehealth based solutions and architecture. The architect produces sequencing plans, and transitions to direct the changes to Telehealth and help the stakeholders in determining the importance of Telehealth strategies. These tasks are often accomplished by managing, recruiting and leading architectural and technical project teams. Additionally, this position works directly with the other enterprise solution architects and the ESA Team to enhance, direct and integrate projects.
This position strategically provides solutions for the design and implementation of in-house information systems, hardware and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. This position ensures organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluates and selects all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, the position provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision support down to the project planning level.
The position is recognized as a technical solutions expert in one or more critical products, programs and/or technologies. This position is responsible for developing and implementing new products and/or approaches in conjunction with implementing new/existing technologies. Members of the Enterprise Solutions Architect team typically serve as a technical consultant/specialists both inside Intermountain Healthcare and to outside organizations. Primary assignment involves Intermountain’s most complex and critical technical issues.
This role requires extensive knowledge at a mastery level in the following:
Business Process Management and Orchestration
- Remote Communications and Interactive Communications Experience
- Extensive Knowledge of Communication Methods, Frameworks, and CODECs
- Video and Audio Transmission Service and Methods
- Understanding of Security and Secure Transmission Across Large Scale Networks
- Extensive Knowledge and Understanding of Internet Communications and Methods
- Experience with Multiple Portals and Portal Technologies Including Advances User Experience Portals
- Comprehensive Background in Web Based Development Methods and Techniques
Application Architecture and Integration Architecture
- Business Process Modeling including Business Process Execution Language
- Workflow Design and Processes
- Rules Base Engines Experience
- Mastery level knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts including; designing and developing services, authentication, authorization, auditing, and monitoring.
- Experience with one or more Enterprise Architecture Frameworks such as Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF), Zachman, TOGAF Frameworks, or Gartner.
- Extensive knowledge of WSDL, SOAP, UDDI and the WS- specifications. Clear understanding of Web services approach including Web service protocols such as SOAP and REST.
- Experience with UML. Knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience designing and developing security methods in a SOA/ESB environment, including Single Sign On (SSO) and authentication and authorization.
- Clear Understanding of Event Driven Architecture, PUSH and PULL methodologies
- Ability to drive Telehealth value in an Enterprise Architecture.
- Understanding and ability to leverage existing applications and strategize in a forward thinking manner to prevent duplication or overlap.
- Ability to architect and develop with a business focus while maintaining the IS objectives.
- Experience with infrastructure in a cloud and a federated based architecture.
- Extensive experience with information and data change in a SOA and ESB based structure.
- Extensive experience with multiple vendors in the Telehealth Space
- Good communication skills, particularly the ability to mentor technical staff on ESB/SOA design and development.
- Must be able to translate extremely technical aspects of Remote Communications and Interactive Communications into understandable and comprehensible presentations to non-technical staff and business partners
This position will work with confidential and proprietary information that requires a signed IT Employee Invention and Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
- Leads in the design and implements long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software.
- Ensures that proposed and existing system architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Enterprise Solution Architects, and software development teams.
- Develops, documents, and communicates plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Leads in the research of emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Where applicable, uses expert knowledge to design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Documents the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Reviews new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Confers with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Models business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develops and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develops and manages a systems/solutions capacity plan.
- Develops documents, communicates, and enforces a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information management or other technical field -OR- four or more years of technical experience. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Eight or more years of architecture experience
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems and architecture plans
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis
- Experience in systems, hardware and network design and development
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices
- Solid understanding in core enterprise applications
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems
- Technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards
- Expert knowledge of programming languages
- Hands-on experience with application development tools
- Knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices
- Project planning and management experience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience in a high transaction environment
- Experience in a health care setting or in health care industry development
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 19 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...