- Typically 5 – 8 years in technology sales (solution sales approach), including current experience hunting/prospecting/new account development within the geographic area, plus Bachelor's degree (or equivalent job-related experience)
- A proven track record of developing sales for new products
- Must be action- and results-oriented, a team player, and adaptable
- Able to think strategically and develop contacts quickly
- Must have business savvy, strong negotiation skills, and ability to close large deals
- Ability to solve practical problems involving a wide range of variables in creative ways
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software and sales-related software
- Travel required for this position is 50%
A Sales Executive III is an individual contributor who hunts for new customers and market opportunities, along with supporting and growing existing accounts within an established geographic territory. Incumbents are seasoned, experienced professionals with a complete knowledge of all Syniverse business solutions. They focus on developing new business opportunities by pursuing top line revenue growth in areas of strategic importance to Syniverse. Sales Executives work closely with all Syniverse sales support and technical functions to ensure sales contracts deliver product alignment, technical feasibility, and strategic business benefits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
New account development and existing customer growth and retention through strategic selling skills:
Perform reporting and administrative activities:
- Increase sales revenue, customer footprint, segment footprint and profit growth for the region with a focus on building new markets, along with selling existing and new products.
- Hunt new customers and market opportunities of strategic or tactical importance.
- Deliver sales presentations, negotiate and close large deals.
- Engage appropriate resources to build compelling value propositions.
- Build relationships with customers that support, renew and further penetrate existing accounts.
- Proactively engage various teams within Syniverse to ensure appropriate levels of direct customer support.
- Establish, develop, strengthen and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Develop market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Participate in the development of strategic customer planning sessions and reviews to ensure organizational alignment with customer needs and desires.
- Consistently maintain a robust sales pipeline that supports and exceeds revenue forecasts.
- Generate new ideas for service and product opportunities.
- Attend industry events to network with relevant stakeholders, gain industry insight and represent Syniverse in the marketplace.
- Analyze and control expenses to conform to accounting requirements and budgetary constraints.
- Prepare periodic reports of sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Maintain accuracy of online systems designed to report status and progress; i.e., Salesforce.com, etc.
Syniverse - 24 months ago