Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician A installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs all electrical systems, equipment and apparatus of the plant facilities in accordance with codes, regulations and specifications, ensuring minimum down time of the plant operations, in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position works a 12-hour shift from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM on a 3-2-2-3 schedule. This gives you a 3-day weekend every other week.
- Requires one to three years of trades training or an associate degree from a technical college
- Three to five years of progressively responsible related experience
- Or a combination of education and experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read and interpret complex documents such as wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, instructions, safety rules, codebooks and specifications
- Write routine reports
- Communicate effectively in one‑on‑one situations with other employees of the organization
- Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Apply concepts of basic algebra
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Operate a variety of small hand and power tools
- Operate electrical testing equipment and standard electrical tools
- Lift equipment
- Requires a broad knowledge of electrical codes and regulations, electronic controls and devices and electrical/electronic theory
- Requires a high degree of safety awareness
For an opportunity to become part of our team, please submit your résumé along with a cover letter and salary requirements OR an employment application by any of the following methods.
Email: email@example.com . (Microsoft Word documents are preferred)
Attn: Human Resources
3700 W. Milwaukee Road
Milwaukee, WI 53208
Charter Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a privately owned holding company for a fully integrated family of American companies that has...