Open To All Qualified Applicants |
Exciting opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives on a daily basis
Position is located in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains in Dahlonega, GA (25 minutes west of Gainesville)
- Under direct supervision, assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
- Observes and monitors client's behavior, charts and reports observations and incidents.
- Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to clients in residence, group home, or supported employment environment.
- May assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Keep accurate documentation of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Will facilitate client community involvement.
- Remain aware of changes in the behavior and physical condition of clients, arranging for needed services to assure appropriate care is obtained.
- Carry out a person-centered Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Must be willing and able to:
- assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom
- change diapers of child, adolescent, or adult clients
- be fingerprinted and have background checked through the FBI and other law enforcement agencies
- have dependable transportation
- use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients
- work with developmentally disabled clients
- work alone with a group of three developmentally disabled clients
- transport clients as needed
- visit clients in their homes
- assist physically d
- One year experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Associates Degree in Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Education, Education, and Psychology, Nursing or other related human services field
- One year experience at the lower level position of Instructional Aide (A.K.A. CRC-E)
- Must have valid drivers license and no driver may have more than two chargeable accidents, moving violations or DUI's in a three year period with the seven year MVR report.
- Must demonstrate basic typing skills by way of a typing skills assessment.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player
CareerBuilder - 10 months ago