Job Requisition Number 28002BR
Market Title Event Specialist
Primary Work Location New Mexico-Silver City
Position Status Part Time
Store Number(s) EVERGREEN - EVENTS
Summary Are you tired of working a ‘typical’ retail job? Are you outgoing? Do you love to meet new people?
An Event Specialist is responsible for completing in-store food and non-food demonstrations. Acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented. Serves, demonstrates, intercepts consumers and sells products in a professional manner. Maintains an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities "
Note: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management."
- Possesses the aptitude and ability to gain adequate knowledge of the products represented.
- Has desire and ability to proactively intercept, engage, interact, and sell product to the consumer in a positive manner.
- Can effectively communicate the features and benefits of the product.
- Ability to prepare and serve food samples using small appliances such as microwaves, fryers, skillets, coffee makers and knives.
- Can maintain a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Properly sets up and prepares Event Table for execution.
- Achieves 100% execution on assigned work.
- Assists with preparation for client visits and completes audit corrections.
- Builds and maintains rapport with store personnel to effectively meet company and client objectives.
- Completes expense reports as per Company Policy.
- Prepares and submits all on-line requirements on the same day as Event execution.
Additional Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: The associate will be regularly required to:
Physical Appearance: Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition, tattoos must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work assignments.
- Stand up to 8 hours at a time
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
- Talk and hear
- Visual ability to read instructions and perform events
- Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder)
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds)
- Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product
- Prepare foods using cooking utensils such as knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils
- Be in contact with cleaning supplies
Specific Skills: Proficient use of a Personal Computer and familiarity with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Specialized Knowledge, License, etc: Local Food handlers permit may be required.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: None
Working Conditions (environment in which the job is performed): Retail store environment with some travel.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Welcome! You have found your way to career opportunities at CROSSMARK. As a leader in consumer goods sales and marketing, we are the home...