The Corporate Headquarters of Henkels & McCoy is currently seeking an Associate Project Manager for our Corporate Project Management Office. This is an entry level position designed to develop the skill sets employees need to become competent Project Managers within our lines of construction businesses (Gas, Power, & Telecoms). This position reports to the Director of Project Management . Position will be based out of Blue Bell, Pa. Extensive, long-term relocation/travel may be required on various projects through assigned regions.
Major Job Elements
- Develop understanding of safety, quality, financial analysis, project controls, design, communications, scope, contracts within the key phases of a project's lifecycle.
- Develop, optimize and update project schedules for multiple, simultaneous large projects using scheduling software such as Primavera P6.
- Assist in developing Project Plan and coordinate staffing efforts for field positions.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative interactions with on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Shadow various Project Managers to understand the relationship of the contractor prime relationship, to facilitate construction activities.
- Participate in project kickoff meetings, weekly and monthly project meeting, monthly project report out reviews as well as project closeout lessons learned.
- Enroll in On-line Project Management training courses offered by the company to better understand a project's lifecycle and where and how the coursework integrates into that cycle.
- Participate in active projects to reinforce PM learning components and how each component of the master Project Plan applies to the project.
- Accept project assignments for long periods of time (3 - 6 months) through the project's lifecycle.
- Must be a recent College graduate, preferably with a four-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or expect to have that degree within the next 12 months.
- Experience with Primavera Scheduling Software and Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel).
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and writing skills required
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without current/future employer sponsorship of a work visa.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Henkels & McCoy - 23 months ago
When utilities, communications companies, or governments need the real McCoy to install or repair their transmission networks, they can call...