Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment to external customers in parts store.
* Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
* Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
* Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
* Fill parts store customer orders from stock.
* Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
* Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
* Take inventory of stock.
* Advise external customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
* Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
* Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
* Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
* Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
* Place new merchandise on display.
* Measure parts, using precision measuring instruments, in order to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required sizes.
* Calculate and provide sales quotes to customers on orders.
* Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the department.
* Handle customer problems, issues or complaints.
* Educate customers on other products or services that may meet their needs, and persuade customers to purchase such products or services.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or two to four years related experience
* Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Certificates & Licenses
Prior sales and customer service/support training and experience preferred. Prior experience in a retail environment preferred.
Additional Qualifications Preferred
Houstonian Stewart & Stevenson helps its customers quench their thirst for Texas Tea. The company is a leading supplier of equipment...