Responsible for the maintenance of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee information for Human Resource planning and activities. Consult with HR partners and business take holders to define data needs and provide reporting solutions to meet those needs. Collaborate in the planning, design, development, testing and deployment of new HR applications, and enhancements to existing applications
- Provide oversight of processes and backup maintenance of PeopleSoft Security tables and trees. Collaborate with managers regarding the proper security needed for creating/modifying security roles. Ensure roles are created properly and contain the proper access to HRIS systems and HR interface systems. (i.e. I-9eXpress, Work Number, data warehouse and time & attendance system). Ensure compliance with established security procedures. Perform periodic reviews.
- Write standard and complex HRMS-related queries to support projects and approved reporting requests. Serve as expert on HR reporting and data for the company in regards to HR data and ancillary HRMS.
- Conduct periodic audits of master data entry to ensure accuracy and completeness. Provide guidance and support to the HRIS team members.
- Perform day-to-day operation, maintenance, functionality, and coordination of HRMS, including troubleshooting and resolving issues. Act as a liaison for vendor interface issues.
- Provide backup maintenance of the position structure and job code tables.
- Work with the IT Department, local HR super-users and project team members, utilizing both business process knowledge and the HRIS system capabilities to capture new requirements for resolution of HR business issues.
- Initiate system enhancements, including new functionality roll-outs and modifications of existing functionality and coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews and other post-implementation support.
- Participate in the loading/extraction of files into/from the HRIS system. Work with the business regarding the planning and timing of the load/extraction and ensure the correct file layout is used, auditing data for accuracy and completeness.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing HRIS systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems and processes.
- Communicate and present process changes, enhancements and modifications to management, peers, staff and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood. Incorporate “best practices” approaches.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Train HRMS end-users on query writing, general navigation, and specific HR modules as applicable.
- Collaborate and/or lead special projects. Other job related duties may be assigned.
- Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent years’ experience in Human Resources or Information Systems
- Experience Level: 8 years experience HRIS PeopleSoft experience with emphasis in relational database management, report writing and HRIS Administration, 4+ years business analysis experience creating functional requirements, testing and implementation of technical solutions
- Tools and Technology: Advance MS Office, including Access, PeopleSoft, HRMS, SQL, reporting/query tools
Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans, but depending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional...