This is a fixed-term, renewable, non-tenure earning position. The Department of Educational Leadership & Higher Education is dedicated to offering current and prospective students the opportunity to develop, advance and apply learning in leadership roles as a PK-12 administrator (building or district) or as a college or university administrator. For more information about the department, go to: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/elhe/
Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Teach courses in master's and doctoral level higher education administration programs; develop or maintain a research and scholarship agenda; serve on masters project and doctoral dissertation committees; recruit, advise and mentor graduate students; work effectively with colleagues across disciplines; assist in program operation and planning; participate in service activities; and other duties as requested.
- Earned Doctorate in Higher Education or related field from accredited institution by date of appointment
- Ability to teach quantitative research methods and to serve as method specialist on master’s thesis and doctoral dissertation committees
- Evidence of potential for success in teaching at the graduate level, maintaining a scholarly and publication agenda, participating in professional and scholarly associations, and advising and mentoring dissertation students
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Successful leadership experience in higher education
- Evidence of experience or academic expertise in one or more of the following areas: student outcomes, student learning and development, assessment and institutional effectiveness, student affairs, school and community partnerships, governance and policy analysis.
Minnesota State Colleges & Universities - 18 months ago