Do you want to…
work for a company with strong values and ethics?
work for an exciting and successful company that is rapidly growing?
work for a company who encourage your personal and professional development?
work for some of the best brands in the world?
join a company where you can make a difference every day?
If you have answered yes, then Mars is the Company for you!
Purpose of Role:
This position serves as the team lead for Mars Financial Services as it relates to accounts receivable and cash application. The position is responsible for the following major activities: performs daily and period end balancing / reconciliation of Accounts Receivable and analyzes, recommends and implements solutions to correct out of balance problems. The primary purpose of this job is to provide timely and accurate cash application and reporting to ensure that Accounts Receivable related financial activity is properly reflected on the company's financial statements and provide financial support to the Mars Financial Services organization.
- Serve as the team lead regarding all aspects of Accounts Receivable.
- Serves as the primary training resource for cash application, daily and period end balancing/reconciliation, and period-end close procedures.
- This position is the AR system expert regarding any system issues.
- Serve as Key User working with functional expert on system issues / upgrades.
- Analyze daily reports and enter into balancing spreadsheets to identify reconciliation issues within the AR system.
Prepare and analyze AR daily cash reporting of lockboxes for reconciliation with Treasury receipts.
- Calculate and perform all period end journal entries to appropriately reflect the receivables on the General Ledger.
- Determine correct application of payment via selection of invoices, debit memos, credit memos and charge-backs. Create charge-backs when necessary and assign the appropriate reason code.
Analyze any Accounts Receivable issues / inquiries from MFS Representatives, managers, and outside departments / business units and properly communicates findings to the appropriate associates.
- Work with auditors, answering any questions that arise during the course of the audit, and providing timely and accurate information.
- Prepares the daily and period-to-date cash reports. Communicates this information to MFS Management / business units.
- Reports the period bad debt expense and recoveries to the appropriate MFS associates / business units.
Performs daily the manual deposit entries of wires and intercompany cash into the AR system.
- Develop and maintain a departmental manual as it relates to the process and procedures of cash application and accounts receivable functions.
- Performs all period end close and reporting activities.
- Serves as the functional backup for the MFS Accounts Receivable manager as it relates to period close.
The Sr. Financial Operations Specialist - will make recommendations in coordination with the Manager to improve business processes.
3 - 5 years experience in Accounts Receivable, General Accounting, or Treasury. Team leader experience preferred.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
Previous experience in Accounts Receivable
Proficiency in SAP & Excel
Professional verbal and written communication skills
Skilled at delivering consistent high level results
Bachelor Degree required. Accounting / Finance or related field preferred.
Mars - 19 months ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...