Administrative Office Manager, Business Operations
Supervise the office administrative staff in the Business Operations Department and provide administrative support to the VP of Business Operations and the Director of Business Operations.
- Supervise the daily workflow of the office administrative staff.
- Provide training to office administrative staff and address staff questions and concerns.
- Ensure office staff processes and procedures adhere to proper department protocol and overall business objectives.
- Monitor office administrative staff work performance and provide consistent performance feedback.
- Document and track all department office administrative staff attendance and requests for time- off. Approve and submit timesheets to payroll on a timely basis.
- Oversee the operation of the Academic and Housing Help Desks to ensure efficiency and timely completion of help desk requests. Assist staff in troubleshooting help desk challenges.
- Assist in preparing budgets throughout the year for Business Operations.
- Track all contracted services time fulfillment. Notify the Director of Business Operations if services are not completed in agreed upon time frame.
- Track department vendor orders to ensure all products are received in a timely manner. Keep the Director of Operations informed of any issues.
- Maintain and update the Service Contract Master list with price index.
- Manage maintenance of departmental office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, printers and telephone systems.
- Maintain and manage cell phone usage and issuing of equipment for all Academy Personnel.
- Attend department meetings and distribute meeting notes and project information as needed.
- Work with the Human Resources Department in filling all temporary personnel requests for Business Operations.
- Track all department temporary personnel and ensure timesheets are approved and submitted to the agency on a timely basis.
- Ensure all temporary agency bills are accurate and submit requisitions for payment.
- Additional projects as assigned by the VP of Business Operations or the Director of Business Operations.
Academy of Art University offers employees’ health insurance, 401K Plan, paid vacation and holidays, and a commuter program. In addition we offer the following unique advantages: a tuition-free undergraduate class, health & wellness programs, access to University gym/pool & athletic games, and participation in various events such as our film festival, fashion show and gallery auctions.
- Minimum 3+ year’s prior administrative/office management experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be self-motivated in order to effectively lead a team in an organized and structured manner.
- Friendly, outgoing with great customer service skills a must.
- Strong computer experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Prior experience working in a facilities/business operations environment a plus.
For further information on the Academy: www.academyart.edu
Established in 1929 by Sunset Magazine's creative director, Richard S. Stephens, Academy of Art University transforms aspiring students into...