including cash handling experience and exposure to customer service,
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a retail store environment;
store level operations and product sales
recruitment and associate development
- Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role, including
ethical business solutions
- Able to analyze situations and gather information to develop sound,
ability to promote teamwork
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others in a supportive manner;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
positive and courteous manner
- Ability to interact with customers and associates in a professional,
hours which includes wearing a headset or a device on or in the ear
- Ability to use electronic communication devices during all working
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and climb ladders
only brief periods of sitting
- Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time with
The Merchandise Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Store
Manager and Assistant Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of the
store and management of all processes related to the receipt and
movement of OfficeMax products and materials. This position will manage
the day-to-day activities of the Specialists on the sales floor.
1. Maintain personal knowledge of and embrace the corporate customer
service, merchandising, and operating requirements.
2. Remain informed of corporate marketing and merchandising plans,
expectations and timetable to ensure flawless execution in assigned
3. Support store leadership team in creating a sales culture that
increases sales and improves customer service.
4. Adhere to and enforce high levels of professionalism, work ethic,
and work quality.
5. Ensure the store executes the In-stock store and clean store
processes while maintaining high levels of service engagement. This
includes, but is not limited to, data integrity, planograms (seasonal
and in-line), signing and pricing.
6. Manage the process to check-in, stage and move incoming freight to
the sales floor in accordance with visual presentation guidelines and
merchandise display standards.
7. Coordinate and manager the process for all corporate issued RTVs and
D&D on a timely basis.
8. Support the store leadership team in the follow-up on and resolution
of customer requests, complaints and issues to achieve 100% customer
9. Develop, select and provide direction to Logistics team to ensure
10. Assist with development of strategic action plans to control shrink,
maintain operational standards and ensure compliance with safety
11. Manage and supervise the Store Technology Specialist(s) and Store
12. Construct development plans for assigned Specialists including
regular performance including semiannual and annual performance
appraisals. Provide performance related input for associates that do not
directly report to this position.
13. Partner with the Assistant Store Manager to hire and retain a high
performing team through effective use of OfficeMax staffing and training
processes to support diversity and equal employment opportunity
requirements or expectations.
14. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
15. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Retail - Stores