Provides administrative support to physician practice, clinical staff and patients. Responsible for scheduling, directing inquiries, patient referrals, data entry, medical records support and maintenance, office supplies and daily banking.
High school graduate or equivalent
1-3 years experience in customer service environment
1. Utilizes superior customer service skills to perform daily administrative duties of the practice including greeting/check-in/check-out, scheduling patients, answering telephones and taking messages. Opens, reviews and distributes inter office and external mail.
2. Collection of co-pays and patient balances.
3. Posts payment and adjustment transactions, balances daily journal.
4. Prepares and delivers bank deposits in accordance with established policies and procedures.
5. Provides patient referrals (with physician direction) or ensures appropriate referrals have been obtained for required visits in specialty offices.
6. Maintains provider schedules.
7. Advises appropriate staff of priority items that require attention.
8. Demonstrates sensitivity to the patient's comfort, confidentiality and concerns while maintaining a therapeutic environment for the patient and family in accordance with the provider and CORE standards.
9. Provides coverage for other Core offices as requested.
10. Other duties as assigned.