Foothill-De Anza Community College District
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for Police Dispatcher, Central Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the Police Department chain of command, receive, prioritize and respond to routine and emergency incoming telephone and voice radio calls as they relate to District police, fire and medical assistance requests. Manage emergency calls and secure information as to the exact location response is needed. Receive incoming telephone and voice radio calls, including 911 calls, and transmit messages using telephone, radio, Computer Aided Dispatch system (CAD), or other equipment to dispatch appropriate unit/department. Request information related to wanted persons; stolen vehicles and property; and vehicle registration. Record and concisely communicate descriptions of persons and property. Keep on-duty supervisor informed of current situation and dispatch additional officers when advised. Maintain a variety of automated police records. Handle dispatch related clerical duties. Perform fingerprinting duties. Answer inquiries, public complaints and provide information to the public via phone and at the front counter. Build and maintain positive relationship with co-workers, District employees, and students using principles of good customer service. Attend meetings. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Any combination equivalent to college course work in law enforcement and one year experience with a public safety organization.
1. Valid California driver's license.
2. Possess California P.O.S.T. Dispatcher Certificate or satisfactory completion of P.O.S.T. required dispatch training completed within six months of appointment.
In addition, successful candidates will provide evidence of the following abilities:
1. Working knowledge of the policies, practices and procedures of law enforcement dispatching and regulations and security requirements concerning confidential information.
2. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
3. Knowledge and ability to use a Computer Aided Dispatch system (CAD).
4. Knowledge of Live Scan fingerprinting.
5. Knowledge of police terminology and codes.
6. Knowledge of record keeping techniques.
7. Ability to speak clearly in English and to be understood by others under normal and stressful circumstances, either directly or through amplified, radio, or telephone transmission.
8. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, and the public.
9. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
10. Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
11. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
12. Ability to type 30 words per minute.
13. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
Job Close Date
SALARY RANGE: $3,399.26 per month, Swing Shift differential, plus benefits; level C1-38
Position: Full-time, Permanent, 12 months per year
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Faculty are also eligible for paid sabbatical leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
1. Office environment.
2. Constant interruptions.
1. Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
2. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard and assigned equipment.
3. Seeing to read various materials.
4. Standing for extended periods of time.
5. Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
6. Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching.
7. Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
1. A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net/applicants/Central?quickFind=179661 *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
4. P.O.S.T. Dispatcher Certificate or certificate of course
completion (if applicable) scanned in Word or PDF version.
Additional testing may include:
a. Psychological evaluation
b. Medical examination
c. Full P.O.S.T. background investigation
d. Polygraph test
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required for this position (including reference letters) will not be accepted.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
- 2 years ago - save job