Transport train and engine crews and perform other duties as required including but not limited to, ordering supplies, distributing supplies to train and engine crews, supplying and loading printer paper and ribbons, posting bulletins and notices, completing and distributing reports, assisting in the upkeep of vehicles, performing janitorial services, safely operating vehicles and cleaning equipment.
- Transport train and engine crews.
- Operate office support machines and equipment.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Applicants receiving a conditional job offer must pass a color vision assessment to ensure that they are able to perform the essential functions of the job by adequately discerning different colors.
- Qualified applicants must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must pass a typing test of 35 words per minute net. Click here to take a practice typing test.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s)
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Computer literate and have basic keyboarding skills
- On a post-offer basis, Union Pacific will conduct an investigation into newly hired or transferred employees regarding their past employment, state and federal criminal history, military history, driving history, education, professional license or certification verification if job-related, Social Security number, prior drug history, and other job-related information. Individuals must pass a background investigation for employment. Click here for Union Pacific's policy regarding background investigations.
- Employment with Union Pacific is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical examination for newly hired or transferred employees. The medical examination includes a drug screen, a color vision exam, and a medical assessment to ensure that candidates can safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. In addition, the company conducts for-cause, post-accident, and random drug and alcohol testing of its employees.
- Transportation Communications International Union.
- Union membership initiation fee and monthly dues or assessments are required as per the collective bargaining agreement.
- There is a probationary period which is governed by the collective bargaining agreement based on territory
- These positions are governed by a collective bargaining agreement. Membership to the respective labor union is required
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection where the company requires. They will be working:
- Forty-hour workweeks that may include variable shifts with overtime and work on rest days, holidays, and weekends.
- 'On-call' 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- In a train yard around heavy equipment and moving freight trains.
- Irregular work hours, with irregularly scheduled days off.
- In a vehicle driving up to 130-150 miles per day with the remaining time working indoors.
- Union Pacific operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be required to work various shifts, overtime, holidays and weekends
- The pay rate for this position is set by the union agreement and cannot be individually negotiated.
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA). Must practice safe work habits to prevent on the job accidents and injuries. Must utilize all protective equipment assigned
- Compliance with the applicable attendance policy is an essential function of this position
- Must be willing and able to work around large equipment such as railcars, locomotives and cranes
- Job applicants who have previously interviewed for this position regardless of geographical location can only reapply for this position after a period of six months has elapsed from the date of the interview
- Please apply only to those locations where you are prepared to live and work.
Practice Typing Test: Click on the practice test to take a sample typing test.
- Union Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace
Union Pacific - 14 months ago
Union Pacific Corporation (UPC) is engaged in the transportation business. The Company’s operating company, Union Pacific Railroad...