The Regional Director, Physician Services will direct and supervise the day-to-day Operation functions of assigned clinics in the Region in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. The Regional Director, Physician Services reports to the Senior Director of Physician Services. The Regional Director must be able to support physician practices in Las Cruces, NM.
B udget development
Monitor actual financial performance compared to budget.
Develop/implement action plans for practices to breakeven.
Accounts receivable management.
Develop and review weekly financial projections.
Develop and execute monthly performance reviews with physicians.
Calculate monthly account receivables reserves by payer.
Assess physician practice staffing patterns.
Balance sheet reviews.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the hospital's employed physician practices' strategic plans.
- Monitor financial performance, including compensation and overhead expenses;
- Consults with the practices' office managers concerning the operations of their practices to assist in the eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services. Reports such findings/solutions to the CEO and the Senior Director of Physician Services.
- Oversee clinical and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality patient care (HIPPA/JCAHO).
- Maintains an appropriate public relations program that serves the best interest of the practices and the community.
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organization through formal working agreements.
- Assumes the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the activities and practices in the region.
- Ensure that the physician and staff have the applicable training necessary for performance of their assigned duties.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree - preference of Masters degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of practice management experience.
- Experience in budgeting, physician demand analyses and practice start-ups are preferred.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the community.
- Highly proficient working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems i.e. Word, Excel.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
- Possess good organizational skills.
LifePoint Hospitals - Corporate - 17 months ago