Are you ready to experience the difference? Plexus Corp. provides comprehensive product development and manufacturing services to Fortune 500 companies in the Networking/Communications, Medical, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace industries. At Plexus you will work with knowledgeable employees in a global spirit of cooperative teamwork, integrity and drive. We provide quality services to such customers as GE, Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell and Siemens. Together we will transform our customer's cutting edge ideas into market leading products by employing a wide variety of services including product design, state-of-the-art prototyping, test solutions, board-level manufacturing and higher-level assembly. At Plexus we take pride in our employees and our services. Join our team today and experience the difference that Plexus has to offer.
The Costing Project Manager has end-to-end responsibility for the quality and delivery of Plexus manufacturing costing information. Team leadership of the costing team is a critical responsibility and integration/teamwork with the applicable sector team is a must. The Costing Project Manager should take the lead in identifying the lowest total cost manufacturing solution for the given product. The Costing Project Manager reports directly to the Manager, Manufacturing Solutions.
- Responsible and accountable for managing all customer costing project requirements, cost team members, milestone meetings and Plexus deliverables on the customer due date
- Team with the Account Executives, Director of Customer Development and Materials Solutions Manager to interface with the customer regarding costing issues for manufacturing, test, configure-to-order, build-to-order and direct order fulfillment services
- Identify best total cost solutions for customer in terms of manufacturing, materials, test and logistics costs
- Prepare pro forma profit and loss statement from global cost workbook summary data for executive review sessions. Incorporate the pricing model developed with the sector team
- Develop manufacturing service solutions to obtain lowest total cost to Plexus and end customers
- Along with the Manufacturing Cost Manager, meet with the target manufacturing site to review labor requirements (manufacturing & test equipment etc. from Manufacturing Cost Manager)
- Ensure Plexus solution meets customer request (may also include other options beyond customer request)
- Escalate issues to senior management regarding schedule delays, resource priorities, or other barriers to completing the project on time
- Review proposals in-process and completed to ensure no errors were made in costing, or content
- Manage each proposal to the defined MBO metrics
- Manage global resources required to prepare costs in multiple geographies. (e.g. material cost specialists and documentation analysts)
- Represent the costing function at customer meetings, costing kickoff meetings and executive cost review meetings
- Participate in continuous improvement projects related to costing processes and tools
- Evaluate, develop and manage direct staff with input from peers, team members, and functional management
- Take on the responsibilities of the Manufacturing Cost Specialist or other team members when necessary
- Additional duties as assigned by management
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live
and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or equivalent experience is required for this position; a(n) Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred
- Experience of 5 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 3 or more years is highly desirable
- Project Management and Financial experience is required
- Electronics Manufacturing experience is required
At Plexus we realize that our employees are the key to our continued success. That is why we provide a stimulating environment that fosters sharing of ideas, use of the latest technology and teamwork. An environment that supports employees as they take on new challenges and celebrates their successes. In addition to offering a competitive salary and bonus opportunities, Plexus offers an excellent benefits package including a discounted employee stock purchase plan, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and medical, dental and vision insurance.
Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Plexus Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Plexus - 9 months ago
Plexus isn't perplexed by even complex contract electronics manufacturing. The company develops and manufactures electronic products...