The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Transportation Officer II. The Transportation Officer II is responsible for the secure and safe transportation of detainees from specified sites to designated points. The Transportation Officer is responsible for ensuring that the transportation vehicles are in safe and correct working order. The Transportation Officer is to ensure that they are in complete control of the transport vehicles at all times and that vehicles are operated in a safe and legal manner.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Inspect and prepare transportation vehicles for daily operation requirements; perform pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicles; fill out required paperwork to report any damage or defects
- Conduct pat-down searches of detainees; ensure that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle; ensure that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations
- Safe operation of vehicles; ensures that all safety and legal measures are followed at all time while transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing, including driver’s license or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two years driving experience
- Must have a meaningful and verifiable work history
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Law enforcement or corrections experience
- Service in the Elite Military Forces or Military Police
- Graduate of Police/Corrections Academy
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
- MMPI - Psychological testing
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S - 19 months ago
G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, and...