PHARMACY ORDER ENTRY TECHNICIAN – Full Time – 3 nd Shift
• Tired of retail pharmacy?
• Looking for pharmacy with a new twist?
• Work for a diversified and growing national company!
Omnicare is a Fortune 400 company and has provided comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers across all 50 states and Canada for over 30 years. We are the market leader in professional pharmacy, related consulting, and data management services for skilled nursing, assisted living, and other chronic care institutions. Omnicare also provides key commercialization services for the bio-pharmaceutical industry and end-of-life disease management through its Specialty Care Group.
The Order Entry Technician is responsible for entering prescription data in support of the medical dispensing process. Job may include fielding phone calls from long term care facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Input orders in a timely and accurate manner.
• Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
• Provide clinical staff pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags.
• Field calls which do not require a pharmacist from long term care facilities.
• Consult with pharmacist in charge regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
• Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
• Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information.
• Access only the minimum amount of patient protected health information needed to perform your JOB/ROLE well.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• High School Diploma
• State of Ohio Certification & Registration or PTCB National Certification preferred
• Certification also available through Omnicare
• 40 hour work week; rotating days. Basic shift hours - 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. M-F; every other Saturday and one full weekend per month.
• Training hours – 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for 2 weeks
Omnicare Benefits Include:
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance – Basic, Voluntary, Dependent
• Short and Long Term Disability
• 401K Plan with employer contribution
• Pharmacy experience (retail, hospital, mail order or long term care) required – long term care experience preferred
• Excellent keyboarding skills – 45+ WPM
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Effective verbal and written communications skills for both internal and external customers
• Dedication to customer service
• Experience and proficiency in prescription data order entry and medical terminology
• Ability to speak and understand the English language
• Demonstrate Omnicare’s Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Service and Compassion .
• Sitting at a desk and typing on a computer a majority of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...