** Project Staff positions are considered temporary and not eligible for benefits **
To interview and counsel members about first mortgage loans and to take mortgage loan applications. To establish and maintain personal relationships with members, and to guide and follow their mortgage loans from initial application through the loan closing process.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to interpret and apply regulations, instructions and procedures
* Ability to comprehend, analyze and explain multiple, complex loan programs, financing options and basic mathematic principles
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to speak in front of groups in a professional setting
*Ability to work independently, exercise judgment, demonstrate initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain poise under challenging circumstances
* Experience that demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding processing and closing first mortgage and equity loans
* Basic knowledge of mortgage lending requirements, regulations and procedures for VA and conventional loan programs
*Ability to solve problems and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision and assistance
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with automated systems
*Working knowledge of Personal Computers and word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
* Experience that demonstrates proficiency and expertise processing and closing first mortgage and equity loans
* Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending requirements, regulations and procedures for VA and conventional loan programs
* Knowledge of automated systems, including CCWS and Unifi
* Course work in mortgage, financial or business disciplines
* Knowledge of automated systems, including primary CICS and MLCS
Monday - Friday / 8:30am - 5:00pm and over-time as needed
Unusual Working Conditions:
On-call during established evening hours after regular scheduled work assignments and during established hours on weekly scheduled days off (e.g., weekends and holidays).
Conditions of Employment
If selected, you will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal Credit Union values, celebrates and enacts diversity in the workplace. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Navy Federal Credit Union - 12 months ago
"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the...