Hall & Evans, LLC, www.hallevans.com , one of Colorado's oldest and most prominent law firms is continuing to expand its practice. We are currently seeking a full-time file clerk with 1-2 years of prior experience working as a file clerk or legal secretary/assistant in a private law firm and litigation practice. The ideal candidate for the position will have the following:
If you are looking for a chance to join a great firm that promotes a culture of mutual respect among its attorneys and staff and a firm with a proven track record of financial stability, then do not miss out on this opportunity.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED;
- Proficient MS Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Familiarity with litigation practice documents and court electronic filing system;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and accurate;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong reading and comprehension skills;
- Stable employment history;
- Excellent attendance and reliability;
- Professional demeanor consistent with the H&E reputation.
File Clerk Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary job responsibility is to compile, copy, sort, and index legal documents for legal secretaries and to provide primary support (back-up) for firm receptionist.
Required Computer Skills/Knowledge:
- Support legal secretaries with client file maintenance:
- Sort physical file materials by client, matter, and sub-file
- File documents according to individual attorney, paralegal,
or legal secretary/assistant instructions;
- Create or update physical and electronic file indexes as
- Create labels, file folders, and sub-folders as needed;
- Research court electronic filing systems to verify accuracy
and file completeness retrieving and supplementing file as
- Communicate file deficiencies to legal
secretaries to insure compliance with court deadlines and
- Coordinate with legal secretary and/or records clerk the
return of folders to correct shelves, boxes or storage
- Provide coverage for firm receptionist;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs when necessary.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Word and Outlook, Excel a plus.
Benefits & Compensation:
H&E offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with a 37.5 hour work week. Compensation commensurate with work experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should respond with a cover letter, complete resume, salary history and your salary requirements, Responses can be sent via Email to:
Hall & Evans, LLC
Attn: Human Resources
1125 17th Street, Suite 600
Denver, CO 80202-2037
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Please note: Hall & Evans does not work with employment agencies or recruiters.
** Responses which include a personal photograph ID picture will not be accepted as valid applicants for this position. Thank you.
Hall & Evans, LLC - 16 months ago