Senior Patent Counsel (Provo, UT)
The Senior Patent Counsel will have primary responsibility to manage and lead patent prosecution within the Legal Department as well as developing, drafting and implementing intellectual property development, protection, enforcement and clearance strategies in cooperation with the business. The Senior Patent Counsel will manage and participate in the intellectual property function in close cooperation with business leaders, including leading and developing a small
team of highly talented legal professionals and supervising other resources.
Apply below for Senior Patent Counsel job in Provo, UT.
Job Specifications Include:
- Implement appropriate patent strategies for the protection of innovations;
- Counseling on intellectual property issues including integrating intellectual property considerations into business plans, enterprise intellectual property risk avoidance and mitigation strategies, and strategies for enhancing the scope and strength of our intellectual property portfolio;
- Advising business leaders on potential and pending litigation;
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications in conjunction with outside counsel;
- Supervising outside IP counsel;
- Transaction support including technology, acquisitions, licensing agreements and strategic alliances.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) is required.
- Registered U.S. Patent Attorney.
- Minimum 7 years of patent application drafting and prosecution experience in electrical/software arts.
- Good standing in the bar(s) where licensed.
- 10-15 years experience with patent matters including prosecution and litigation management responsibilities;
- Strong communication skills - ability to convey and discuss intellectual property issues in understandable terms and to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners;
- Creative thinking and problem solving;
- Experience with financial services preferred;
- Team player and works best in a collaborative environment;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to serve as a mentor and aid in the development of co-workers;
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills;
- Excellent management skills, top drawer academic and professional credentials.
Vivint, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.
Vivint Related Links
http://www.oremutjobs.com/ | http://www.provocityjobs.com/ | http://www.provoutjobs.com/
Vivint - 17 months ago