Manager, Driver Relations
Coordinate the needs of the Company with the needs of the driver. Is the go-to person for drivers with questions about operational issues (e.g. miles, dispatching, etc.), questions about their payroll, and general questions in regards to where the driver needs to go in order to get their issues resolved.
Works with management to maintain the employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation, and morale. Assists in preventing and resolving problems which arise out of, or affect, work situations.
- Identifies areas of driver concerns leading to resignation from JBS Carriers;
- Collaborates with others to identify and implement creating driver retention solutions;
- Leads the Driver Advisory Board. Coordinates bi-monthly meeting;
- Establishes and maintains open and timely two-way communication with drivers;
- Along with management, provides information to the drivers in order to assist them in addressing personal issues that are affecting them in the workplace;
- Is a member of management; is NOT a driver representative;
- Works with Management and Human Resources to resolve driver issues (HR/payroll, home time, miles, m aintenance)
- Conducts exit interviews on all voluntary resignations
- Conducts weekly surveys of drivers
- Assists in creating driver recognition programs
- Makes safety conscious decisions.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in transportation operational roles;
- CDL A license and previous experience as a CDL driver preferred;
- Some travel required. Must be able to travel to other locations;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and effectively listen to, people with diverse opinions and backgrounds;
- Previous management experience a plus;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work in an individual contributor role;
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Self-manage responsibilities in a fast-paced and fluid work environment;
- Interface & communicate effectively with multiple departments and management levels.
Excellent communication skills; Strong computer skills in MS Office (in particular Outlook and Word); ability to manage relationships with management and drivers.
JBS Carriers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JBS - 7 months ago