BASIC FUNCTION: To act as an liason for agency employees for technology training related for specific software issues. To provide support and training for agency employees with Microsoft Office 2007 and above. To create and maintain educational materials related to technology projects. To focus on evaluation of agency employees' level of computer skills in order to identify appropriate trainings to further agency employees' technology skills. To assist in multiple technology-related projects. To be responsible for updating professional knowledge.
SCOPE: Reports to Technology Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree or Associates degree in a computer science or marketing related field preferred. Must demonstrate excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 and above, specifically in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher. Must be able to use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and social networks (FaceBook, Twitter, and LinkedIn). Must demonstrate ability to perform online research and ability to identify credible online resources. Must be able to work independently, including the ability to initiate, prioritize and track projects. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work as a team.
- Act as lead in technology training of agency employees. Research, identify, and disseminate resources for on-demand resource material that are primarily presented to agency employees on the UCP/CLASS SharePoint Intranet.
- Create user-friendly educational materials pertaining to common technology tasks including cheat sheets, technology glossary, and technology wiki on the UCP/CLASS SharePoint Intranet.
- Coordinate agency employee trainings including identification of appropriate technology department staff as instructors, creation of presentation materials, set up of training room, identification of training topics, and evaluation of trainings.
- Actively participate on the Forms Committee. Perform maintenance to the UCP/CLASS Forms Site including updating keywords, uploading new forms, deleting forms, recreation of forms, and other tasks related to the Forms Committee.
- Conduct ongoing polls and surveys of agency employees as one method to identify areas of interest for further training.
- Create and maintain a technology training plan for the upcoming six months.
- Create a technology newsletter focused on enhancing employee technology knowledge that is disseminated to agency employees every four to six weeks.
- Act as a liason for Centre Services instructors teaching computer classes and assist in construction of class plans when necessary.
- Increase knowledge of assistive computer technology and act as a resource for Centre Service instructors and technology department staff. Interact with various assistive computer technology volunteers when necessary.
- Act as a responder to Help Desk tickets submitted, particularly related to issues with Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher. Provide appropriate response to all tickets within established guidelines.
- Research solutions for submitted Help Desk tickets. Take initiative to troubleshoot issues. Document solutions in Help Desk application to create a knowledgebase. Close tickets within the established guidelines.
- Contact technology service provider when necessary to address Help Desk tickets or other known support issues. Effectively communicate technology issues and follow-through with recommendations of the technology service provider. Create documentation of communications with technology service provider.
- Create Help Desk tickets for agency employees who are unable to submit a Help Desk ticket.
- Provide excellent verbal and written customer service to staff.
- Assist with wireless connections, audio-visual equipment and any other peripheral device throughout UCP/CLASS locations.
- Participate in any other assigned Committee.
- All other duties as assigned.
Pittsburgh Career Connector - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard