ABOUT THE COMPANY:
One of the fastest growing companies in America, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. brings exceptional beverages and innovative technology to market with brands like Keurig®, Tully’s Coffee®, Timothy’s World Coffee®, Diedrich®, and Van Houtte®. A collaborative environment of shared ideas and ideals sets GMCR apart. As a team united for a common good, our dedication to our products and people is matched only by our unwavering commitment to our local and global communities.
The R&D Packaging Development Co-op will receive exposure to a packaging R&D environment for one of the fastest growing consumer packaged goods companies in the United States. This role will put learning into application in the areas of material science, design, testing, problem solving and specifications. The co-op will have the opportunity to work in cross-functional teams; collaborating with marketing, operations, quality, as well as external vendors. Along with a deliverable project and presentation, the co-op will take part in several projects to get a broad experience in a consumer packaged goods environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Complete a project which will end with a presentation to the department on key findings.
· Travel to GMCR plants in U.S. and Canada to assist with line trials, quality issues, and/or other support required of the Packaging Development group.
· Use design software such as ArtiosCAD and SolidWorks to design and create prototypes of packaging for use in new product development.
· Use prototyping tools such as a sample table and 3D printer to create sample/prototype packaging.
· Create and maintain packaging material specifications, while looking to improve the system as well as find opportunities for packaging harmonization across the company’s multiple manufacturing locations.
· Perform package testing which could include distribution simulations, material performance, benchmarking, and package/product interaction related testing.
· Help create and improve package testing protocols and standard operating procedures for testing equipment.
· Work with cross-functional teams, colleagues in R&D, and external resources to achieve project goals.
· Third year or fourth year undergraduate with completion of most core packaging classes.
· GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
· Must currently be enrolled as a full-time student with co-op eligibility.
· Willingness to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks and TOPS Software.
· Experience with material and distribution testing preferred.
· Willingness and ability to travel as needed to other GMCR manufacturing sites, contract manufacturers, and equipment/packaging vendors. This travel may be outside of normal business hours.
· Strong math, science, written and verbal skills.
· Strong organizational ability with great attention to detail needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Ability to occasionally kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions within the Research and Development laboratory/pilot plant.
· Ability to frequently be in a sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (at times 67% - 100% of the workday).
· Ability to work in a Research and Development lab/pilot plant with frequent exposure to coffee, burlap, food products (including granulated products), and food science tools. Some exposure to food powders on exposed skin is possible.
· Ability to occasionally travel (twice per month).
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally.
· Use of hearing, dust, gloves and eye protection as required.
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This individual will also be required to authorize GMCR to run a Criminal Background Check. The examination and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks.
GMCR is an E-Verify employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 18 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...