The EVP, Managing Director leads all agency operations. This position is accountable for all agency operations including developing the appropriate synergies that better utilize agency assets, inspire creation, mobilize the right talent to task, on budget, on time, and to the highest quality standards.
Description of Duties
• Leads agency operations of GSW Worldwide with a focus on the work & evolving operational efficiency
• Supervises the functional heads of Account Service Operations, Creative Operations and Creative Services
• Directs, supports, develops and mentors key reports
• Ensures communication processes, follow through, and training result in seamless project flow with Account Services (specific focus on AE-AD), Creative Services, and Creative with the most effective utilization of time (i.e., cycle time optimization)
• Works in conjunction with the EVP, Executive Creative Director and the EVP, Agency Operations to launch new programs and processes, manage overall agency staffing & cross-team dynamics, and nurture and appropriately enforce the GSW culture, including the 5 Behaviors
• Fulfills all management duties as a senior member of the GSW management team, including, accountability/delivery of financial levers relevant to the Core Teams, adherence to Human Resource policy/process, cultural leadership/support, and support of the inChord business philosophy, and a general advocacy for the establishment and oversight of company policies.
• Directly oversees, owns and manages key organizational assets that directly contribute to award winning creative advertising.
• Identifies, screens, hires, and trains the best industry talent based on the agency creative standards as defined by the EVP Executive Creative Director
• Responsible for designing and implementing effective practices that result in collaborating more effectively and working more efficiently within all agency groups.
• Provides strategic leadership support for SVP/GCD groups through effectively partnering with EVP Leadership triangle.
• Enhances the Power of Three by leading initiatives that drive collaboration throughout organization, reduce "how to" ambiguity, and confirm clear lines of accountability.
• Establishes and owns key training initiatives that help enforce GSW Worldwide Rituals in a way that makes them real and useable to all GSW Worldwide, Columbus employees.
• Ensures one global creative process is in place and followed with rigor, ensuring collaboration with our global partners.
• Partners with EVP Executive Director of Client Services to ensure management of company-wide financial objectives. Translates agency financial objectives into actionable, meaningful and relevant steps to key leadership accountable to operations. Develops programs to drive awareness and sensitivities throughout whole agency.
• Identifies, defines, and leads the implementation of companywide best practices that include accuracy, details and ownership behaviors across disciplines, groups and functions.
• Sets the standard for GSW Worldwide creative deliverables, through inventive and industry setting Q.C. programs that exceed client expectations.
• Develops and assesses milestones, based on team objectives and articulates and follows through with difficult and challenging measures.
• Leads the implementation of company-wide best practices in to the areas of team building, resource allocation and group staffing, through the monitoring/tracking of scope and EBIT.
• Designs, implements, and standardizes an inspirational client on-boarding and an on-going client orientation program that sustains client relationships.
• Stays up-to-date on the newest and best technology and resources available to continually increase the quality of the work and the efficiency of getting the work done.
• Responsible for internal programs that showcase GSW Worldwide's quality work, including visibility of work within the building, ownership of the Liberation Wall for news worthy/current client pitch achievements, and the development of other opportunities to recognize quality client work and positive client feedback.
• 15+ years of relevant client experience in marketing, advertising or other related - disciplines with a minimum of 5+ years of pharmaceutical or healthcare advertising experience
• Completed significant work as a Vice President or Senior Director with daily operations of a company or substantial business unit
• Demonstrates strong character, particularly integrity and honesty
• Experience managing a P&L and a management staff
• Strong communication skills, leadership and interest in developing & mentoring people with growth potential to lead organization
• Agency-Wide Vision: Intimately engaged/connected to agency dynamics from the trenches to the top. Can see the “Long View”—brainstorm opportunities and actively anticipate potential outcomes from selective approaches and unseen industry dynamics/challenges. Actively participates in providing agency-wide solutions and balances against analytical, experienced based reality checks.
• Problem Solving and Follow-Through: Actively leads by example through mentoring, honest and timely feedback and addressing challenges head-on. Ensures initiatives are not only well devised but can be actually completed and finalized effectively and efficiently.
Initiatives must be tracked with tangible, measurable milestones and realistic deadlines that are crystal clear.
• Ability To fully Realize The Power of Three: Ability to drive teams to fully leverage agency-wide assets by developing tools, reinforce existing rituals, and continue to refine and evolve how all functional areas work together.