Exhibit understanding and competence in the skill of maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing machinery, both mechanically and electrically. This individual must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics and also be able to test electronic components using the appropriate test equipment.
Works on problems of moderate scope. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate actions. Primarily interacts internally and may have some external contacts. Normally receives general direction on routine work, detailed direction on new projects or assignments. May guide the activities of others as determined by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Working from preventive maintenance worksheets, provide the necessary maintenance, and record any corrective action needed.
- Maintain necessary records and inventory of parts and supplies.
- Maintain good communications with other Maintenance Technicians, Team leaders and internal customers.
- Become familiar with the preventive maintenance software. Understand how it works and how to update it.
- May generate, collect, move, store hazardous waste or prepare document(s) related to hazardous waste management.
- Maintain all necessary records, detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations, which is extremely critical in the ChemicalBuilding.
- Occasionally perform other related duties as assigned or as directed.
Competence in the skill of maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing machinery.
Use of small measuring tools.
Use of hand tools and small power tools.
High School Graduate .
Minimum Work Experience:
2 years trade school with 2-4 years experience