The Project Manager is the primary project expert ensuring all business and project goals are met while also managing all aspects of the project schedule, resources and budgets.
• Acts as the project expert retaining and communicating all project history
• Creates organization methods and tools specific to individual projects as needed for project success
• Effectively communicates and controls project scope, schedules, assignments, and open issues both with the internal team and clients
• Effectively leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations
• Proactively predicts and communicates issues/risks and consults with clients and team leads to find creative solutions
• Leads project team to ensure deadlines are met, and within budget
• Manages all activities within project team to ensure progress is sustained and project goals are fulfilled
• Manages project finances; monitors and controls expenses and communicates variances with management and clients
• Manages support contracts and issue tracking for clients
• Exercises authority to make decisions and resolve disputes; escalates issues to Director of Project Management when necessary
Education and Experience
* Experience: 5+ yrs
* Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
* Field Of Study: Business
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
• 5+ years as a Project Manager with increasing responsibility, preferably with experience with contracts
• Excellent briefing, writing, communication, administrative and organizational skills.
• Must demonstrate ability to take initiative and to work independently, under stringent timelines and as member of a team
* Government Security Required: Yes
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Level 3 Communications - 10 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...