Financial Aid Processing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of financial aid from application through disbursement. The Financial Aid Processing Supervisor supervises the central office staff. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- With EDMC managers, develop Student Campus Based Budgets and Packaging Philosophy
- Manage SEOG, and Perkins loan programs, awarding on behalf of campuses.
- Assist with implementation of parameters necessary for effective use of Financial Aid software as well as facilitate upgrading of software for financial aid office to meet staff needs, including troubleshooting and communication with department and software vendors (with assistance from Department of Information Systems).
- Oversee complete financial aid process including application, verification, packaging, and certification and disbursement.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive communication with Student Finance staff at school locations.
- Supervise and train central office staff on financial aid regulations and institutional policies and procedures.
- Oversee communication to lenders and guarantee agencies about specific students.
- Assist Director with initial work for annual Title IV and state grant audits, annual federal reports (FISAP), coordination of EFT disbursements form lenders and servicers, development of Central Office Procedure Manual, and development, scheduling, and content of campus visits, including financial aid workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
Director of Student Finance
Entire campus Student Finance and student services staff, students, faculty, admissions staff, and registration staff; AUCS staff, EDMC student financial services staff, outside lenders and state agencies.
Student Finance Department Staff, and part time student workers (2 associate directors supervise 9 staff members)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Two to three years of solid experience in financial aid preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Prior supervisory experience desired although not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid software programs such as Banner.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor and motivate the activities of others
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...