Capitol Hill Housing provides affordable housing and leads community development efforts- helping families, immigrants and the recently homeless. Based in Capitol Hill, we have properties in nine Seattle neighborhoods. Since 1976, we have served low and moderate income residents and worked to improve the Capitol Hill neighborhood for all. We are a public development authority chartered by the City of Seattle to meet the need for affordable housing and preserve neighborhood character in Seattle.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Non-exempt, part time 25 hours per week.
Compensation: $11- $14/hr DOE
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the daily support of the Finance and Human Resources staff and will also provide administrative support for Real Estate Development and Asset Management from time to time.
Front Desk Relief:
- Provide professional, responsive support to Finance and Human Resources and other departments as assigned.
- Maintain accounts payable files, ensuring accounts payable filing is current and in good order.
- Maintain human resources files, ensuring human resources filing is current and in good order.
- Set up new employee files.
- Set up new vendor files.
- File bank statements and bank reconciliations monthly.
- Enter invoices into accounts payable module.
- Assist in distributing invoices for appropriate approvals.
- Photocopy documents and assist in physical assembly of funding applications.
- Assist with event/meeting logistics or other projects, as assigned
- Provide back up for receptionist for short periods. Provide courteous customer service to applicants and guests.
- Answer and transfer calls using multi line telephone system.
- One year general office support and a High School diploma or GED.
- Proven attention to detail and data entry accuracy.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse personalities, cultures and communication styles.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
Capitol Hill Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Accounts payable experience.
- Prior accounting experience and/or education.
- Reception or customer service experience.
To learn more about Capitol Hill Housing or apply please visit our website: www.capitolhillhousing.org. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
eBay Classifieds - 10 months ago