AOC WS Mission Systems Analyst 3
United States-Virginia-Newport News
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems
and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are seeking senior
Mission Systems Analysts/Software Engineers 3
to join our team in
Newport News, VA
Air Operations Center (AOC) Weapon System (WS)
is the Joint Forces Air Component Commander's (JFACC) primary Command and Control (C2) node to develop the air and space operations strategies and plans to meet the Combat Commander's objectives. It is the senior element of the Theater Air Control System (TACS) which includes subordinate ground and air C2 units trained and equipped to plan, coordinate, control, execute and monitor air, space and cyberspace operations across the full range of military operations. The AOC controls a wide range of air power to achieve Air Force objectives of Global Vigilance, Global Reach and Global Power.
Modern warfighting demands a modern, standardized and integrated AOC. As a member of the Northrop Grumman AOC team, you will help to provide our warfighters with a state-of-the-art, net-centric computing solution that provides a flexible and robust environment for meeting the demands of time critical analysis and decision making processes now and into the future.
These versatile mission systems analysts/software engineers will support the process of operational thread composition using tools from the new AOC-WS 10.2 infrastructure, as well as integrated 3
Party mission applications and SOA services. They will use strong development skills to design and implement mission thread functionality by building and integrating mediations, business process flows, business rules, event scripts, data schema, user interfaces, and glue code. This combination of development, integration, and operational focus makes these positions similar to the emerging DevOps discipline.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
• 5+ years applicable experience
• Operational experience in an AOC WS as an active duty or contractor
• Experience using one or more targeting &/or collection management mission applications used in AOC WS
• Demonstrated ability to work in multi-discipline and distributed team environments
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Broad experience with enterprise computing and/or data center technologies and products
• Operational experience in DOD Joint operational processes
• Experience with DoD systems development
• Experience with DoD systems integration and interfaces
• Experience with DoD data standards and Communities of Interest (COI) processes
• Demonstrated experience with SOA (e.g., Web Services)
Experience with Agile Development
• Experience with CMMI
• Candidates local to the Newport News, VA, area
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...