Security Clearance Level |
* Set up and manage complex lab computing systems that accommodate research needs and government security requirements
* Provide operational support for business analytic and business intelligence tools
* Troubleshoot complex problems involving a wide variety of systems, services and protocols
* Assist with the collection of requirements and the design of new lab systems
* Liaison with various corporate services teams regarding networking and other infrastructure issues
* Write scripts to integrate systems and services, and to automate administrative functions
* Write system documentation and how-to guides
* Mentor junior systems administration staff
* Perform other duties as needed to help the lab department meet its organizational goals
Bachelor's plus 4 years experience in job-relevant work experience
BS in computer technology or other technical subject area plus 6 years of experience, or HS diploma with equivalent experience. Up to date and verifiable Red Hat Certified Engineer.
* You must have significant experience with all of the following: Windows Server 2008, Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS, SQL, Perl, capacity planning, performance tuning, monitoring and profiling, and system security
* You must have the ability to address and overcome complex technical problems independently and with a high degree of competence
* You must have the ability to rapidly learn new skills and technologies
* You must have strong customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative in addressing challenges and problematic situations
* You must have strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to develop and validate accuracy of security documentation artifacts
* You must have knowledge of system security administration and system hardening techniques
Additional experience with the following skills and technologies is desirable: Active Directory, SAS, Clementine, R, Kerberos, VMware vSphere/ESX, Cisco IOS, Oracle 10g/11g administration, PostgreSQL, Apache Server, high performance computing, Linux/Windows integration, Bacula, C language, Subversion, Nessus and other security scans, plus a deep knowledge of networking protocols.
*Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Mitre Corporation - 13 months ago
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization,...