This position is responsible for the development and establishment of an active Shelby County regional liaison with each senior level hospital administrator for coordination of emergency response planning, training, allocation of resources to improve hospital preparedness and delivery of health care services in terrorism and other public health emergencies.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 51 Minimum Qualifications 1. Five (5) years of full time Professional Staff Administrative experience in a Health Care environment; and
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration; or
3. Equivalent combination of related education, training and/or experience.
4. (Two (2) years experience and/or training in Emergency/Disaster Management or Homeland Security preferred.)
5. (Master’s Degree in Public Administration or Health Services Administration preferred.)
6. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License and automobile available for daily use.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
3. Must be available for shift and/or call assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Serves as the Health Departments representative for bioterrorism emergency response preparation at the Shelby County Regional level by establishing a close liaison with regional hospital administrators and directors for coordinating terrorism and other emergency preparedness and response activities.
2. Assists each hospital in maintaining effective disaster preparedness and response plans by reviewing and collaborating in updating them to ensure that they are in line with state and regional emergency plans.
3. Ensures coordination of hospital emergency response plans with plans of Shelby County Emergency Management Agency to establish consistency relative to emergency services functions by working in collaboration with hospital leadership and designated hospital emergency planning staff.
4. Facilitates the management of Tennessee Department of Health bioterrorism preparedness contracts with each hospital by assisting administrators and key staff in the interpretation of the contracts, allowable expenditures, and preparation of semi-annual activity reports to ensure that all Tennessee Department of Health hospital contract requirements are met.
5. Assists hospitals in improving their communication infrastructure by collaborating in developing and establishing a compatible radio communication system.
6. Assists in developing and conducting standardized training for key hospital staff on terrorism incident command systems and other bioterrorism topics related to public health emergencies.
7. Assists in developing and implementing inter-hospital plans by establishing a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with each hospital to ensure and coordinate regionalized medical response systems to include; medical care mass casualties, movement of intra hospital patients in the event of local resources are insufficient, rapid expansion of health system capacity to handle an influx of additional patients, establishing alternative health facilities using state and federal personnel if necessary, fatality management augmenting of morgue facilities, and establishing decontamination.
8. Assists hospitals in the allocation of essential emergency pharmaceuticals and medical supplies during a disaster.
9. Assists in planning, conducting, and evaluating hospital terrorism preparedness and response exercises.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Ability to network with senior health care and emergency administrative and management officials.
2. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to collaborate with persons from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds to participate in hospital an health care emergency response programs.
4. Ability to work in fast paced, professional, and diverse environments with minimum supervision.
5. Good working knowledge of electronic methods to facilitate rapid BT related communications and hospitals and emergency entities.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint).
7. Knowledge of statistics, data management, report writing and program planning and development.
1075 Mullins Station Road,
Building W, Room 225
Memphis, Tennessee 38134 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 2 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...