Red Hat is the world’s leading open source software company, and our Solutions Architects are one of the reasons why.
Red Hat Solutions Architects are the front-line catalysts who create possibilities, solve problems, and establish working relationships with customers. This means helping them invest wisely in an infrastructure that gives them maximum flexibility in the future while helping them run faster and more efficiently.
The best first impression is a real solution.
Although classified as a sale position, it’s a lot more than that. Red Hat Solution Architects have a big impact. They help make open source technology practical and workable for big enterprise customers. This requires a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, and a deep understanding of business processes and IT problems faced at the enterprise level.
Solutions architects also have great communications and people skills, because they are comfortable presenting product features and benefits to a hotel ballroom full of curious engineers. They’re also as comfortable making a solid business case a to closed-door meeting of C-level executives. Our Solutions Architects are very important to us because they engineer the first deep experience our customers have with Red Hat. When our Solutions Architects create value and solve problems for our customers, we all win.
For open source experts with a lot of passion, it’s a chance to make a real difference every day.
Primary job responsibilities
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the sales team and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the best solutions from across the Red Hat Enterprise Linux product suite.
- Pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products and solutions.
- Use deep product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations and prepare detailed product specifications.
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with a proven track record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial and CxO levels.
* Technical translator - Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Knowledge of Enterprise Virtualization, VDI, Linux, and VMware technologies.
* Knowledge of Enterprise Cloud solutions, public/private/hybrid clouds, deploying and running solutions in a cloud environment.
* Knowledge of enterprise architecture (UNIX, RDBMS, MOM, LDAP, clustering, etc.).
* Knowledge of networking and complex software integration.
* Ability to work in the field in remote offices, and be self-managed with excellent prioritization skills.
* 5 + years experience as a Sales Engineer or equivalent supporting Enterprise accounts.
* 5+ years experience with Linux and Windows in the areas of system administration, integration or development.
* 5+ years experience working with Virtualization technologies and/or with a VMWare Certified Professional certification.
- Experience with Army is preferred, Must have experience with DOD.
* 50% travel expected
* RHCE or MCSE Certifications a plus.
* Consulting, pre-sales, and/or sales engineering experience preferred.
* Government clearances a plus, but not required
pre-sales, virtualization, cloud, solutions architect, public sector, RHEV
Red Hat, Inc. - 12 months ago
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...