Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 852-bed acute tertiary care teaching hospital in Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy Services provides 24-hour services to all patient care areas. The department consists of decentralized satellite pharmacies, a drug use policy center, central hospital pharmacy, 2 outpatient cancer centers and 4 outpatient pharmacies.
The following technology and systems have been implemented:
Electronic health record including CPOE, central and decentral automation and bar code medication administration. The department has an ASHP accredited residency program and provides clinical rotations for 50-70 pharmacy students per year. Our staff of over 300 includes pharmacists, technicians, residents/interns, and support personnel.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Pharmacy Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring departmental and organizational compliance with regulatory requirements and coordinating departmental performance improvement activities. The specialist is a member of the pharmacy administrative staff and participates in planning and implementation of departmental and organizational initiatives. The specialist also collaborates with the Director of Pharmacy on special projects.
Note: New Hires must successfully pass a background check, a prohibited substance screening and a pre-employment physical.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy School; preferably with a Pharm. D. degree and completion of post-graduate training in management (PGY1 and PGY2) or equivalent experience.
- Current California State Board of Pharmacy issued Pharmacist License.
Motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, initiative and experience in project management are encouraged to apply.
- Requisition #: 14864
- Working Title: Pharmacy Compliance Officer
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0839003 Pharmacy Administration
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: variable
- Days: Departmental Schedule
- Shift Type: Flexible
- Weekends: As Needed
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 14 months ago
Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor Roll in the...