Come join a core Simulink development team and enhance the experience of every Simulink customer. Simulink & Stateflow are the products of choice for engineers doing Model-Based Design.
Our customers use our products to:
• Model and simulate their dynamic systems (e.g., automobiles, airplanes, spacecraft)
• Design the algorithms needed to control these systems
• Automatically convert these algorithms into code that is used to control the real system
It is critical that Simulink make it easy for our customers to specify all of the information necessary to define their algorithms - and that is what this position is all about.
You will work as part of a team to help improve Simulink as a modeling language and to enhance the data structures behind it. This will include applying your knowledge of meta-modeling, object-oriented design and data structures to:
• Formalize the concepts of Simulink data and types and its role in model-based design
• Speed up the process of accessing & searching for information
• Enhance the ease with which our customers can configure the data associated with algorithms
You will be personally responsible for designing, implementing and validating these changes which will inevitably involve making substantial changes to the core infrastructure of Simulink.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
• A Master's or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or other closely related field.
• At least 5 years of practical C/C++ experience and firm grasp of the object-oriented design methodology.
• Significant experience with UML.
• Strong abstraction, algorithmic and software design skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• A history of action and detail-oriented performance.
You must be:
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently to drive tasks to completion.
• Flexible and able to work with others one-on-one and as an integral part of a team.
• Eager to learn and grow by jumping into finding solutions to problems.
Nice to have:
• Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow & Real-Time Workshop is a big plus.
• Expertise with advanced C++ concepts (STL, Boost and Templates) is a huge plus.
• Java and or XML experience is a big plus.
• Experience with meta-modeling and CMOF/EMF is a big plus.
The MathWorks - 9 months ago
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environ...