To prepare and serve nutritious, appealing and appetizing meals.
prior work experience in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets or related experience in a similar type facility is preferred
Are you looking for a position where you can make a difference in someone’s day? Consider working at Good Samaritan Society-Prairie Creek. As a team member at Prairie Creek you will help us carry out our mission every day by working directly with residents, understanding little things mean a lot in their daily lives. We are looking for a team member who can relate to seniors and maintain a professional upbeat attitude. Our 55+ campus consists of twin homes and apartments (The Lodge) where residents enjoy a maintenance free lifestyle, along with Assisted Living where more personal care is provided.
If you are looking for a cook position where you will have the opportunity to know your customers, cook in a relaxed kitchen atmosphere and provide a fine dining experience, consider this job.
- Assist with meal preparation
- Fill in for Chef or Sous Chef
- Set up salad bar
- Prepare desserts
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards.
- Ensure proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment
- Assist with training culinary staff
- Cleaning kitchen and dining room area as needed
Hours for this position are Monday –Friday either 8am-4:30pm or 10am-7pm, every other weekend and holiday with the possibility to fill in for evening hours. This is a full time benefited position.
- At least 1 year of cooking experience in a commercial setting
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with seniors either personally or professionally
- Flexibility in the work environment as we strive to exceed our resident expectations
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.good-sam.com and click on careers. If you have trouble filling out this application please feel free to call: 331-5507.
EOE, Drug-free workplace
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (TELGSS) strives to be a good neighbor to all, particularly to the elderly people in need of...