The Personal Banker is a blended position of both the traditional role of a Teller and that of a customer service or new accounts representative. This position requires attending and passing both a “Teller” training class and a “Platform” class. Additionally, this position requires that employees be fully functional in both roles. Personal Bankers are the front line of service throughout the Unity Bank footprint. They will be responsible for providing exceptional service, meeting all assigned goals, and complying with all of Unity Bank standards. The position of the Personal Banker is a challenging position which requires extensive knowledge of both teller operations and customer service functions. The demands of this position will require individuals with a positive attitude, the desire to achieve all goals, a passion for the banking industry and dedication to do what is needed to be successful.
Essential Job Duties
- C ross-sell Unity Bank product to current customers and referring non customers to Unity Bank products in the attempt to gain a new relationship.
- Offer positive support of the Relationship Managers’ in branch sales initiatives through the participation in daily huddles, calling nights, out bound sales calls, and business development calls.
- Actively engage customers in conversation with the goal of uncovering and meeting of client needs while solidifying relationships.
- Meet the expectation of service in the eyes of the customer though the prompt, diligent and appropriate actions including: same day return phone calls, working with other departments on problem resolution in an attempt to avoid a “no” answer whenever possible.
- Actively protect the assets of Unity Bank through the adherence and enforcement of Unity Bank policies and procedures as well as all external federal, state, and local regulations including: check cashing guidelines, new account opening procedures, wire agreements, vault operations, ATM operations, and CIP policies.
- Participate in monthly retail meetings, market meetings, branch huddles and branch operational meetings.
- Control all aspects of expense and loss as it relates to the bottom line through completion of the daily office activities that include: proving all cash, adherence to the new account opening procedures , completion of currency transaction reports and review of the mandatory reports.
- A chieve or surpass the goals that are set by the Regional Sales Manager and the Relationship Manager, thus ensuring the growth of their office and Unity Bank as a whole.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years teller or customer service experience in a retail branch bank environment
Excellent computer skills; particularly in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical abilities.
Capable of making decisions and sound judgment as it relates to all client, employee and bank matters.
Ability to talk, listen and see.
Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 75% of work hours)
Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers and people traffic.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise. Unity Bank maintains “at will” employment.
This document describes the position currently available. It is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it. Unity Bank reserves the right to modify duties or job descriptions at any time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Unity Bank - 20 months ago
Unity Bank provides a full range of commercial and retail banking services through Retail Financial Service Centers located in Hunterdon,...