This role will be responsible for the Payroll, Benefits, and HRIS with an emphasis on Data Integrity, Compliance, and Reporting.
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of semi-monthly domestic payrolls and 1 bi-weekly international payroll in Mexico and any forthcoming territories in the Americas
• Manage changes relating to salaries, deductions, tax updates, direct deposits, and garnishment/tax levy compliance.
• Addresses and resolves employee concerns regarding payroll, tax or deduction issues.
• Manage the timekeeping process for hourly employees, ensuring employees are appropriately trained on the system.
• Set up new state and international payrolls.
• Create new earnings and deductions codes and conduct testing to ensure accurate processing.
• Partner with Accounting regarding internal and external audits, commission and bonus payouts, and stock option plan.
• Perform reconciliation and tax issues related to the year-end close.
• Ensure wage and hour compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
• Partner with HR, Legal and Finance to proactively address compliance issues.
• Identify and implement new procedures to increase payroll operation’s efficiency and accuracy.
• Assist Finance and Sales team with bonus and commission calculations and ensure they are correct on Payroll
• Manage the administration of employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, FSA, 401K, stock option/purchase, transit, and fitness.
• Be a liaison between benefit provider and company - address and resolve employee benefit issues.
• Oversee Paid Time Off, ensuring timely request approvals and reporting accrual levels to Accounting.
• Manage annual Open Enrollment including plan recommendations/renewal.
• Monitor legislation and legal provisions that may affect Benefits.
• Ensure regulatory compliance and prepare Disability, Unemployment, OSHA, & 5500, and EEO-1 reports.
• Manager COBRA and HIPAA notices, updates, and payments.
• Direct company-wide communications regarding benefit changes and updates.
• Ensure billing accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
• Design and implement process improvements related to the benefits administration.
• Manage all systems that support Human Resources, including HRIS, Payroll, & Benefits and ensure integrity of all data.
• Investigate and resolve any errors regarding data transfer between benefit and Information systems.
• Partner with HR Dept and IT with implementation of new HRIS.
• Create and analyze monthly audit reports to ensure data integrity.
• Train employees and managers on all HR systems.
• Create and execute monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports for HR, Accounting, and Legal departments.
• Identify, develop and implement improvements in HRIS processes and procedures.
• 3+ years Human Resources experience with payroll, benefits, and HRIS
• Experience with benefit plan evaluation, selection and compliance
• Expert knowledge of federal and state laws relating to benefit plans including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and FMLA
• Technical HRIS experience with high level of understanding in HR processes and data integrity
• Knowledge of ADP and Workday Systems
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
• Proficient in MS Office
• Must be responsive and flexible to a variety of business needs, able to manage multiple priorities, and adapt quickly to change
• Demonstrated self-leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
• High level of integrity and ability to maintain and protect confidential information
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive 'can-do' approach, resourceful & an ability to problem-solve
• Good sense of judgment. Must know when to ask for help and when to make a call
• Bachelor's Degree with a focus in Human Resources, Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred
Spotify - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard