In this position, the ideal candidate will p rovide technical support and guidance to customers; will manage networks, including hardware, software, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software; perform network design and capacity planning; conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards; develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery; administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights; as well as perform system backups and recovery, create and maintain a disaster recovery plan.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related area. A minimum of five years experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three to five years of recent experience with setup and administration of MS Windows 2003/2008 server; active directory and infrastructure, Exchange, SQL or SharePoint.
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience with emphasis on related issues including network services, email/web services, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail and strong written/ oral communication skills.
- Local travel may be required.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- Firewalls, VPN routing, and filtering appliance knowledge is desired.
- VMware and EMC/SAN experience.
- Help desk support, remote management and troubleshooting skills.
- Terminal services, VOIP and video conferencing knowledge is preferred.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, MCITP, Microsoft Small Business Specialist, CNNP, and/or CCNA Certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V
Cherokee Information Services, Inc. - 2 years ago