PackLate is disrupting the way vacation homes are booked around the world through powerful real-time global distribution networks. We offer a casual and engaged work environment where we work as a cross-functional team to grow the business focused on specific goals and metrics. PackLate offers a great opportunity to take on nearly unlimited responsibilities with great long term growth potential. We have strong differentiation and a defensible and proprietary position in the b2b travel space. You will be involved in a wide range of development activities going from idea all the way to live in production. Your time will be spent both in building new functionality and in development operations -- Dev Ops. Enjoy a culture of automated testing and continuous deployment. We expect youâll be working hard so we want you to play hard too. PackLate does not have a defined amount of vacation you get. That means you take the the vacation time you feel you need. As well, we expect that you will be traveling on business at least one time per year domestically or internationally.
PackLate is backed by leading VC firms including Genacast Ventures, First Round Capital, and First Mark Capital.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and maintaining features and functionality including:
- Building complex bi-directional real-time vacation rental inventory interfaces / APIâs
- Delivering new functionality for PackLateâs intranet and management tools to help the PackLate team deliver more vacation rental properties into production and distribution, more quickly
- Developing automated testing harnesses using products like Selenium
- Debugging of production systems
- Dev Ops responsibilities including:
- Ensuring critical software interfaces are running properly
- Ensuring data quality
- Supporting the content production team
- Supporting the customer service team
Nice To Haves (Not Required, but Definitely Helpful).
- 2 - 3 years of experience building and/or development operations for commercial Internet-based applications
- Experience developing in Ruby on Rails and/or PHP/Django and a willingness to learn Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working with SOAP-based APIâs
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL)
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Positive mental attitude with a âgets shit doneâ reputation
- Chef / Puppet
- API design
- Integration with complex 3rd party systems
- EngineYard or similar cloud based platforms
- High volume queueing
- Market rate salary
- Stock options
- Health care benefits
VentureLoop: Connect with Startups. Get in the Loop.
- Send an email with your resume and a brief note explaining why you are interested in working at packlate.com and why you think you'd be a good fit.
- No recruiters please!
- Only applicants authorized to work in the United States will be considered.
Find jobs at top startups backed by top venture capital firms.
VentureLoop - 11 months ago