Incumbent will be involved in all aspects of software/hardware support for Fujifilm Sonosite.
· Operating System and third party software installation, upgrades and maintenance
· Installation of hardware and software
· Maintenance and setup of file systems
· Resolve software problems with operating systems or third party products
· File System and Database Backups/restores
· Organize and manage hardware repairs
· Performance Monitoring
· Maintain system security
· Configuration management
· Storage management, system recovery, network communications, and performance management
· Manage projects and remediation efforts
· Work closely with client teams
· Report on environment metrics
· Work with global organization to create and document standards
· Provide solid technical solutions
· Experience with Ubuntu, Redhat, Debian, Solaris and Solaris ZFS
· Experience with KVM or VMWare virtualization technologies
· Experience supporting a production LAMP environment
· System level support experience for Oracle application and database servers, Java application servers, Websphere or other large-scale databases in a UNIX environment
· Experience with Legato Networker, Veritas Netbackup, or Bacula
· Extensive scripting knowledge in perl or python
· Working with SANs
· Experience and working knowledge in system implantations and OS management.
· Requires flexible schedule to support users and database, including weekends.
· Variable long hours when working on system issues.
· Lifting of PC and PC related equipment – up to 65lbs.
· Working well with others
· Communication Skills
· Analytical skills
· Able to refine processes
· Organizational and Documentation Skills
· Multi-tasking skills
· Bachelor or Associates Degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent certification and 5+ years in related fields
· Redhat certification and work experience in networking and/or an associate’s degree in computer science or equivalent certification.
No Relocation for this Position
FUJIFILM - 16 months ago
FUJIFILM doesn't focus only on the negatives. Its imaging solutions unit is its smallest, by far, making photographic films and papers,...