The Technical Support Specialist is a support role for existing customers and clients who have questions and troubleshooting issues for Master Lock product and/or processes related to the Electronic Technology business. This role maintains all levels of communication with clients over the phone, email, and potentially at the customer site. The Technical Support Specialist performs integration and remedial/preventative hardware applications support for Master Lock Electronic Security Devices.
• Provide first line technical support in servicing products and services
• Works effectively across functional areas of the company and within a cross functional team environment.
• Coordinates multiple tasks/projects within specific timeframes
• Facilitates issue resolution appropriately and in a timely manner
• Answers queries promptly, professionally and knowledgeably on the phone and through email
• Act as a liaison between level one and level two support and engineering
• Assist in the development of strategies for improving serviceability
• Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken
• Clearly and thoroughly log all customer and incident in online support center
• Provide timely updates to customers on existing inquiries
• Undertakes any other reasonable duties as requested by the Supervisor or Manager
• Achieve individual and team performance targets
• Escalate issues across business technical divisions, expediting solutions to complex customer queries, and provided end to end ownership of client issues
• Insure the provision of consistently reliable and professional support to Master Lock customers by utilizing in depth technical and product knowledge and diagnostic skills
• Manage and take ownership of the resolution process for all customer related issues
• Maintain polite, professional attitude with all customers
• BS computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience preferred?
• Strong electronic and mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates leadership and teamwork skills
• Works independently within guidelines, without need for constant managerial direction
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated independent ability to asses internal and external customer situations and respond in a professional appropriate manner
• Demonstrated system level troubleshooting
• Excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
• Strong time management skills
• Possesses self-motivation and a high level of initiative
• Ability to work in a call center environment supporting customers external to the organization via phone and email
• Motivated self-learner who keeps abreast of technical developments
• Must have the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Some travel may be required.
• Military training/background preferred but not required.
Master Lock's founder figured that if battleships and bank vaults were made of laminated steel, why not locks? The world's largest...