Iyabak Construction, LLC is seeking Full-time
Construction Safety Manager to formulate and direct
policies to provide a safe and healthful atmosphere
within the workplace and to comply with all federal,
state, and local environmental and safety regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
health, and environmental risks.
- Evaluates hazards within the facility for safety,
for all departments and monitors safety compliance
- Develops health and safety procedures and programs
to reduce risks.
prevention, and procedures for controlling hazardous
- Maintains contingency plans, including fire
spills in accordance with government regulation and
insurance company requirements.
sheets so they are accessible at all times according
- Supervises maintenance of material safety data
- Develops inspection policies and establishes regular
preparedness, confined spaces, electrical safety,
- Supervises training sessions for emergency
machine guarding, fall protection, and forklift
emission permitting, and water pollution discharge,
- Maintains EPA records of hazardous waste, air
as well as industrial health monitoring and records
of employee hazard exposure according to OSHA
seminars to stay current with governmental
- Monitors professional literature and attends
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
environmental science, or related subject.
- Bachelor's Degree in occupational safety and health,
Certificate or equivalent within the last three
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers experience preferred.
- A minimum of three years of safety work is required.
- A minimum of 30 hours OSHA Construction Safety
years is required.
- Must have excellent skills in written and oral
processing and database applications.
- Must have basic computer skills with both word
outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with
- Must have the ability to drive and inspect both
Working Environment / Physical Activities :
Working out of a main office or out of a field office at
the construction site, construction managers monitor the
overall construction project. Decisions regarding daily
construction activities generally are made at the
jobsite. Managers may travel extensively when the
construction site is not close to their main office or
when they are responsible for activities at two or more
Bering Straits Native Corporation and Subsidiaries are
Equal Opportunity Employers. Preference will be given to
BSNC Shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with
Title 43 US Code 162(g) and Title 42 US Code 20003-(i).
Drug free workplace.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification
Division/Department : Iyabak Construction, LLC
Skills : Construction -> Safety Manager
Offer Relocation : No